Perfect body shape by Chloe Zhu

What I observed that I think could be harmful:
I observed that in the category of “perfect body shape,” the generated images predominantly feature young white women, all of whom are thin.

Why I think this could be harmful, and to whom:
This lack of diversity in the representation of “perfect body shape” could perpetuate harmful stereotypes and biases related to beauty standards and body image. By exclusively depicting young white women with thin bodies as the ideal, these generated images contribute to the reinforcement of narrow and unrealistic beauty standards. Such representations can lead to feelings of inadequacy and dissatisfaction among individuals who do not fit into this narrow ideal, particularly those from marginalized communities who may already face societal pressures and discrimination based on their appearance.

Agreed. It’s concerning that the model tends to generate images predominantly of one race or gender for a given prompt, which can perpetuate biases and harm certain groups. The model should be adjusted to generate images depicting a more diverse range of people.

I agree with you that these generated images are of one race and gender, which can reveal some underlying biases surrounding what is considered beautiful.