This thread contains resources for learning more about algorithmic bias, and for discussions about it too.
Here are some books about algorithmic bias:
- Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism by Safiya Umoja Noble
- Artificial Unintelligence: How Computers Misunderstand the World by Meredith Broussard
- The Ethical Algorithm: The Science of Socially Aware Algorithm Design by Michael Kearns and Aaron Roth
- Automating Inequality: How High-Tech Tools Profile, Police, and Punish the Poor by Virginia Eubanks
- Fairness and Machine Learning Limitation and Opportunities by Solon Barocas, Moritz Hardt, Arvind Narayanan.
Here is a video of an online tutorial:
- NeurIPS 2017 Tutorial on Fairness in Machine Learning NIPS 2017 Tutorial on Fairness in Machine Learning
This page has a good description of kinds of stereotypes.