A person on diet by Who Ami

What I observed that I think could be harmful:
Only females are in these pictures.

Why I think this could be harmful, and to whom:
This might reinforce the idea of female needing to control their weight and appearance more.

How I think this issue could potentially be fixed:
Maybe try to include all kinds of people (diversity in gender, race, body shape and etc) in the figures.

Note, this audit report is relevant to poster’s own identity and/or people and communities the poster care about.

This is surprising! Diet does not mean being attractive, nor does it limited to female. Diet can be a sort of healthy lifestyle and many male are on diets for healthy purposes.

I am shocked seeing the result of only females in these images! Such representations can perpetuate the notion that only females need to control their weight and appearance, which can have negative effects on individuals’ self-esteem and body image perception.

I too was very surprised that the results only showed females, this can be damaging because it promotes the stereotype that only women need to control their weight.

I agree with your comment that these image results are not very representative of all genders, races, body types because dieting is not limited to only white women. The images used might give users the expectation that they need to act or eat in a very particular way to go on a diet, when it looks different for everyone.

For dieting I really didn’t think there it would be biased as both genders do it. Really unique idea that healthy life style is for on gender according to the AI bias. This can also be negative to people in general to loose weight